THE ANGLER’S CLUB OF ABSECON ISLAND
The Pier was built in 1923 & has endured nature’s challenges for 102 years.
In 1944, a hurricane destroyed the Margate boardwalk & part of the pier.
It was rebuilt but damaged again in the mid-sixties.
In 1989, a fire detroyed an entire section. A new outer tee was constructed.
In 2008, the pilings were in need of repair. 17 pilings were replaced.
In Oct 2012 Hurricane Sandy hit.
Some of the pilings snapped & the entire inner tee was listing at a severe angle.
30 pilings were replaced for $110,000.
In 2017, the State mandated the beach reclamation project.
The Club got State funding to extend the pier to what we enjoy today.
We welcome new members so let’s go fishing!